This recipe is gluten free, vegan and oil-free. Makes 1 small jar.
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Juice 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts*
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or water
*To toast the pine nuts simply heat a fry pan over medium heat and dry roast for 5 - 10 minutes, stirring often, until just golden.
- Add rocket and basil leaves to a food processor and process a couple of minutes until the leaves are finely chopped and starting to break down.
- Add all remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Thin sauce out with more water or stock if desired.
- Stir through fresh pasta, spread on toast, toss through roast vegetables for an easy side dish or serve with spiralised zucchini noodles for a lighter option.
Recipe by Tamika Woods from Sproutly Stories
Sproutly Stories Instagram →