Chocolate Coated Coconut Macarons
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp Natvia sweetener
- 90g block of Well Naturally sugar-free dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a clean, glass bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form – about 3-5 minutes.
- Fold through the shredded coconut and the Natvia.
- Spoon tablespoon size mounds of mixture onto the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the macaroons are golden all over.
- Leave to cool on a baking rack.
- Break the chocolate up into a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until it’s melted. It should take around 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Take the cooled macaroon and dip it upside down into the melted chocolate, then place back onto the baking tray to cool and set.
- You can serve the Macaroons here or place them in the fridge to set further.
Recipe by Jaime Rose Chambers