- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup smooth nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew, abc, etc)
- 1 cup mix of your favourite nuts, seeds, and/or dried fruit
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- Add dates to a blender or processor and blend until they form a dough-like consistency. Dates should roll into a ball at this stage.
- Add processed dates to a bowl, and stir in oats, Clean Lean Protein, fruit/nut/seed mix, and salt.
- Add honey, nut butter, and coconut oil to a small saucepan and heat on low until mixture is just warmed through.
- Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture and mix thoroughly, breaking up the date dough as you go to ensure even distribution. Use your hands to make it easier.
- Once everything is thoroughly mixed, transfer to a small lined baking tray and press mixture down firmly into a thin, even layer.
- Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge or freezer to harden for 30-60 minutes.
- Once set, remove mixture from tray and chop into even sized bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Optional Step: If you prefer the taste of toasted muesli, toast your oats, nuts and seeds (do not add fruit here) in a preheated 160c oven for about 10mins, turning half way through, or until the a slightly golden