Festive Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
This simple salad is an impressive side dish for festive celebrations.
Serve with your favourite protein for a healthy and balanced meal.
Serves 6 as a side dish, takes 20 minutes.
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 500g raw brussels sprouts
- Seeds of one large pomegranate
- 1 red grapefruit, juiced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa (this helps remove the bitter taste) and place in a medium pot with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered, around 15 minutes until all water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, slice the brussels sprouts in half and remove the tough bottom pieces by cutting small triangles in the base. Finely shred the sprouts and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the grapefruit juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil and salt and whisk until incorporated.
- When the quinoa is cooked, remove from the heat and add to a large serving bowl. Pour over the dressing and add the shredded brussels sprouts and pomegranate seeds. Stir gently to combine.
- Drizzle the salad with tahini and serve as the perfect festive side dish. Enjoy!
Recipe by Tamika Woods from Sproutly Stories
Sproutly Stories Instagram →