Healthy Chicken Parmigiana
- 1 large chicken breast fillet
- Olive oil
- ½ small avocado
- 2 slices of reduced fat cheese
- 20 green beans, with the ends removed
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (white, balsamic or apple cider)
- Dried Italian herbs (optional)
- Slice the chicken breast in half to make it thinner or cover the chicken with a plastic bag or baking paper and using a meat mallet, bang out the chicken until its half the thickness. Sprinkle with a little Italian dried herbs.
- Heat a fry pan on medium to high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil and the chicken, searing it on both sides until they start to brown.
- Put the grill on high and place the chicken pieces onto a sheet of baking paper. Top with sliced avocado, tomato and a slice of cheese and place under the grill for a few minutes or until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Place the beans in a bowl with a dash of water, cover with cling wrap and microwave for one minute. Take the beans out, drain and allow to cool.
- Drizzle the beans with a little olive oil and vinegar or lemon juice. To serve, on each plate place a chicken piece and half the beans. YUM!
Cow’s milk allergy: omit cheese (you may choose not to grill the chicken).