- 250 g / 9 oz chicken mince (you can also use pork or turkey mince)
- 4 iceberg lettuce cups
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 4 spring onions (shallots)
- 125 ml / 4 fl oz of frozen or fresh peas
- 125 ml / 4 fl oz of chopped mushrooms
- 1 small tin of corn
- (or chopped baby corn)
- 5 green beans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup manis (sweet soy sauce), tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Splash of sesame oil
- Make sure all ingredients are chopped up into small pieces and ready to go, before you start heating the pan.
- Place the oil in a frying pan (or wok if you have one) and heat for a minute, before adding the garlic, ginger and spring onions (chilli is optional).
- Cook for around one minute, then add the chicken mince and cook while constantly stirring and mixing.
- Once the mince has cooked through, add in all the chopped vegetables and all the sauces, stirring for a few minutes until the sauces are mixed through.
- Place a few big spoonfuls inside the iceberg lettuce cups, fold the ends over, roll in the sides and enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe makes around four or so portions, so is ideal for two people. Just double the amounts to feed more people!
Soy allergy: omit the ketchup manis, you can use a pinch of salt if you like.
Sesame allergy: omit the sesame oil.