- Angel hair pasta (gluten free options are available). A per person serve is best worked out by forming a circle with your thumb and index The ring should be around the size of a 20-cent piece (about 1 inch). The amount of uncooked pasta that fits through this circle is typically sufficient for one person.
- 10 cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Handful of basil, chopped
- Small tin of tuna in olive oil
- 4 black olives, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using the olive oil from the tuna tin, coat the bottom of the fry pan and heat.
- Add in the garlic and tuna, cook for a few minutes, then add in the tomatoes, basil and olives.
- Add the salt, pepper and sugar and bring to the boil for one minute, and turn down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, boil the water to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add in the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and then add it to the frying pan with the sauce. Stir through until all pasta is well coated.
- Serve with fresh lettuce leaves or on its own with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
NOTE: This recipe can also be made with brown rice replacing the pasta.
Gluten allergy: use gluten free, quinoa, rice, corn or buckwheat pasta.
Wheat allergy/intolerance: use gluten free, quinoa, rice, corn, buckwheat or rye pasta.
Fish allergy: omit the tuna, you can use chicken, beef, lamb or pork instead or just keep it vegetarian.
Dairy allergy: omit the Parmesan.