Tuna and Green Bean Salad
- 12 (650g) small chat potatoes, halved
- 400g baby green beans, trimmed
- 425g can Sirena tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 250g grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup black olives
- 2 baby cos lettuce hearts, leaves separated, washed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, quartered
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, halved lengthways (optional)
- 1 quantity nicoise dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Start by making the dressing by simply placing the oil, vinegar and mustard in a jar, put the lid on and give it a big shake and then season with salt and pepper.
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and leave to cool in a large bowl.
- Cut the ends off the beans and par boil for a maximum of 2 minutes drain and run under cool water to stop them from cooking. Drain again and place in the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add tuna, tomato, olives, lettuce, eggs and anchovies (if using) to potato mixture. Add red wine dressing. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.